Welcome to KW Law LLP Solicitors, Royal Leamington Spa
KW Law is a commercial solicitor's practice based in Leamington Spa, which offers partner-undertaken work at a sensible cost. Julian Watson leads the practice. He lives in Warwick and has been a solicitor since 1997, and worked at large regional practices before setting up his own firm in 2008. Julian is a specialist in commercial, dispute resolution and insolvency matters; a full list of available services are below. His advice is clear and commercial, and his representation is robust but professional. Regulated by the Law Society and Solicitors' Regulatory Authority, you can trust Julian to provide excellent, professional advice with your best interests at heart.
The firm provides advice and representation in the following areas:
- Dispute Resolution - we provide litigation representation in the High Court or County Court and Tribunals, and undertake mediation / arbitration representation, for breach of contract and payment claims, injunctions, finance disputes, building and property disputes, will & inheritance claims, employment disputes, and shareholder, directors' and partnership disputes;
- Business Sales and Acquisitions & EMI schemes - specialising in owner managed and SME's;
- Drafting and Advising on Commercial Contracts - negotiating or drafting terms and conditions, supply agreements, distribution agreements and others;
- Business Restructuring, Business Rescue or Closure, Personal Bankruptcy - asset transfers and sales, pre-liquidation reorganisations, administrations, voluntary arrangements, liquidations, redundancy costs, retention of title, re-using insolvent company names, matrimonial homes, pensions and bankruptcy annulment;
- Advising on Directors' Legal Duties, normally in the context of cash flow issues, creditor pressure, and questionable solvency, and including HMRC, trade creditors, banks or invoice discounters;
- Defending Directors, Companies and Individuals - against directors disqualification proceedings, claims by liquidators, wrongful trading claims, misfeasance claims, preference and undervalue, Companies Act actions, unlawful dividend claims, loan account and personal guarantee claims;
- Statutory Demands, Winding up and Bankruptcy Petitions, Company Strike Offs;
- Advising Businesses on Customer and Supplier insolvency, including retention of title;
- Debt Recovery, Asset Tracing, Fraud and Freezing Injunctions;
- HMRC Unpaid Tax, Debt Collectors, Bailiffs, CCJ's, Landlord's Distraint & Forfeiture, Personal Guarantees & Loan security, Final Demands & Unauthorised borrowing;
- Local Authority unpaid Fostering Fees and Expenses.
Our clients are:
- company directors, companies, partnerships and sole traders, financiers and investors, licensed insolvency practitioners and accountants, and individuals.
If you want more information, please contact Julian Watson for a confidential, no obligation discussion. All instructions are subject to the agreement of a formal retainer.
Use of this website is subject to the Terms and Conditions below.
KW Law LLP is regulated by the Solicitors' regulatory Authority, firm no. 523836. KW Law LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England & Wales no. OC349915; the members of the partnership are Julian D. St. J. Watson & JW law Ltd. The solicitors' code of conduct can be found at https://www.sra.org.uk/handbook/