Welcome to KW Law LLP Solicitors, Royal Leamington Spa
Coronavirus: Neither Julian nor his family have signs of infection. We are prepared to work in self-isolation in any event, should the position change, to service our clients' needs. Julian is a sole practitioner, and therefore there is no one else in his office; but he is obliged to represent clients in court on a weekly basis, so needs to continue working from his office to have access to his clients' files, and legal library. We are open for business but our office building is closed to the public. Telephone appointments are preferred, but face to face meetings may be possible dependent upon circumstances, subject to proper precautions being taken; we have face masks, sanitiser and disposable gloves available. We anticipate having to deal with ever increasing numbers of Business and Personal Insolvency Enquiries so if we do not offer the service you are seeking (please see below), please do not try to engage us, and seek advice elsewhere.
Government Wesbsite for advice on employee and business funding: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses?fbclid=IwAR1uFO5v2TDGNaqLV2Y2DwALgRmsKxQrorwxhSJ90_bAJ_5jPghaltYKi-w
KW Law is a commercial solicitor's practice based in Leamington Spa, which offers partner-undertaken work at a sensible cost. Julian Watson leads the practice. He lives in Warwick and has been a solicitor since 1997, and worked at large regional practices before setting up his own firm in 2008. Julian is a specialist in commercial, dispute resolution and insolvency matters; a full list of available services are below. His advice is clear and commercial, and his representation is robust but professional. Regulated by the Law Society and Solicitors' Regulatory Authority, you can trust Julian to provide excellent, professional advice with your best interests at heart.
The firm provides advice and representation in the following areas:
- Business Restructuring, Business Rescue or Closure, & Personal Bankruptcy - asset transfers and sales to save businesses, pre-liquidation reorganisations, administrations, voluntary arrangements, liquidations, redundancy costs, retention of title, re-using insolvent company names, matrimonial homes, pensions and bankruptcy annulment;
- Defending Directors, Companies and Individuals - against directors disqualification proceedings, claims by liquidators, wrongful trading claims, misfeasance claims, preference and undervalue, Companies Act actions, unlawful dividend claims, loan account and personal guarantee claims;
- Dispute Resolution - we provide litigation representation in the High Court or County Court and Tribunals, and undertake mediation / arbitration representation, for breach of contract and payment claims, injunctions, finance disputes, building and property disputes, professional negligence (non-medical / non-clinical only: solicitors, accountants, surveyors etc.) will & inheritance claims, employment disputes, and shareholder, directors and partnership disputes;
- Business Sales and Acquisitions & EMI schemes - specialising in owner managed and SME's;
- Drafting and Advising on Commercial Contracts - negotiating or drafting terms and conditions, supply agreements, distribution agreements and others;
- Advising on Directors' Legal Duties, particularly when cash is tight or creditors are applying pressure;
- Statutory Demands, Winding up and Bankruptcy Petitions, Company Strike Offs;
- Advising Businesses on Customer and Supplier insolvency, including retention of title;
- Chasing large unpaid debts, Asset Tracing, Fraud and Freezing Injunctions;
- HMRC Unpaid Tax, Debt Collectors, Bailiffs, CCJ's, Landlord's Distraint & Forfeiture, Personal Guarantees & Loan security, Final Demands & Unauthorised borrowing, Settlement Agreements to be secured against your home.
Our clients are:
company directors, companies, partnerships and sole traders (and their spouses), financiers and investors, insolvency creditors, insolvency suppliers, licensed insolvency practitioners and accountants, and individuals.
If you want more information, please contact Julian Watson for a confidential, no obligation discussion. All agreements to act are subject to the agreement of a formal written retainer.
Use of this website is subject to the Terms and Conditions below.
KW Law LLP is regulated by the Solicitors' regulatory Authority, firm no. 523836. KW Law LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England & Wales no. OC349915; the members of the partnership are Julian D. St. J. Watson & JW law Ltd. The solicitors' code of conduct can be found at https://www.sra.org.uk/handbook/